Monday, April 03, 2006

Self Portrait # .....teen


Self Portrait # .....teen
Originally uploaded by heidi703.
Ta DA! This piece is composed of 50-60 journal entries as the base of the canvas. I think this just might be my most emotional piece of work. The journal entries were written a little over a year ago... right after I moved to Savannah. I wrote in the journal because I was alone, no friends, no family support, in a new environment, and basically miserable for about six months. I Have displayed my naked thoughts on the canvas and created the atmosphere of what I was feeling at the time. It was an extreme period of growth for me as a person and it has forever changed and guided me to be the person that I am. It gives me great comfort to close that chapter of my life.

7 Comments:

Blogger my imperfect offering said...

Ooh, love it! Very cool!!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:49:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

The voyeur in me wants a bigger version.... to read the text. But I guess that gets back to the "not seeing the forest for the trees" thing, so nevermind.

Definitely communicates a sense of solitude. Bummer!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger Lunafish said...

You never cease to amaze me.

Monday, April 17, 2006 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Lunafish said...

How large is this piece? Would I be out of line if I asked if it was for sale?

Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger pinkpanther said...

I'm sure that if you were seriously interested we could work something out.

Saturday, April 22, 2006 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger Lunafish said...

I'm seriously interested. And then you would never have to wonder where it ended up if it went to someone else. I collect art, have several pieces from artists who are pre-show or doing their first show.

Sunday, April 23, 2006 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger pinkpanther said...

well the size is 18x24 and probably 2 inches deep. and it would not be out of line to ask if it was for sale... I'm mean at least I know that it will be safe after it leaves my hands.

Monday, April 24, 2006 11:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Create yours at BlingyBlob.com!

Create yours at BlingyBlob.com!