Apple Smashple


I hate corporate customer service. I hate the Jackasses (representatives) they put on the phones to tell you that "there is nothing we can do for you unless you would like to buy another one at this time for ANOTHER $256 American dollars". I hate the fact that they are held together by not so sticky glue. I hate the fact that they treat me like just another number instead of a person. So I destroyed it. And I loved every minute of it. **F.Y.I.They best tool a girl can have is a paint can opener. **
I call apple today with the intentions of getting an address and sending them my broke ass product and I was prepared to pay up to $80. For them to fix it. After sitting on my daytime with an answering machine that says "are you still there?" every 2 minutes, I patiently wait for a real person to say that. Someone picks up. He asks for my information and I politely give it to him. I explain to the Rep. What is happening.
Me: ok... So what my iPod mini is doing is not normal. It is stuck in the "hold" position internally. You know... I can move the hold switch back and forth and it does nothing but stay on hold.
Apple Ass Man: Oh well it looks to me like you don't have a warranty with Apple anymore.
Me: yea, it ended a little less than 3 weeks ago.
Apple Ass Man: Well ma'am, have you tried restoring the iPod?
Me: Yes I did try restoring the iPod and it did nothing because I can't get it off of the hold position on the INSIDE of the iPod.
Apple Ass Man: Ma'am are you sure you tried to restore it correctly?
Me: Yes. (getting irritated) I have restored before and it worked perfectly.
Apple Ass Man: Well you can send it to us for technical support for another $256 dollars but you might be better off just getting a brand new one.
Me: So there's nothing you can do.
Apple Ass Man: yes, that's correct. If you like we can order you another one right now...
Me: No, F*ck you. (Then I hung up)
I never use a sharp tongue but I am so tired of being treated like a cow in a herd. I pay money to use your product and I would like to think that they cared about their customers and thought of them as more than just a dollar sign.
The tools that I used you will find are on the right side of the cutting matt. I found out that the "high tech touch wheel" is nothing more than four sensors GLUED to the back of the wheel.... they aren't even made as one piece. I am unimpressed. I was having a good day until 1:33pm... what should I do with the rest of the pieces? I was thinking about sending them back to apple with a thank you note.


6 Comments:
Hmmm. I say you make some sort of modern art piece out of the pieces...and then sell it for greater than $256...and then NOT buy a new iPod. That'll show 'em. :)
My thoughts, exactly. Thanks for the info. I've been coveting the iPods of others but now - maybe glad I don't have one more item that requires its own Ass Man.
You are such a guy...and I mean that in the nicest way.
I thought Apple and company tried to make their reputation for appealing to the non-herd people that Microsoft/IBM ...uh... corralled.
The lemons to lemonade art piece idea sounds good. Remember in Tomb Raider when Laragelina breaks (shoots?) the clock thingie and it explodes into a thousand bits suspended in mid-air? That's what came to my mind.
Anyway...sorry for your loss.
LunaFish: I personally really like Apple products as a whole but in my experience things stop working when your warranty is epired. But I still reall like iPods. I still love my iPod even though it is in a pile on my desk and the empty shell of my mini is hanging from my ceiling as a reminder, almost a memorial. sad really.
Photoshop John: I take no offense. I have come to terms with the fact that my personality is not of the "typical" female. And if I had a gun I probably would have shot the ipod and then taken it apart... I should have video taped the act of violence, cut and spliced the clip to a dance song and forwarded it to Apple.
MIO: I think I just might try to do that... interesting concept, and I do need the money.
OMG, that would have been so funny (the video/dance song thing)! You could have done it in that stop-motion format like that video you posted of the college guys. Is it too late to re-assemble it and start over?! :D
Does this mean that other artists will now shun you because you don't have a functional Ipod?
Post a Comment
<< Home