The Photoshopper in me sez you could get rid of that fog if you bump up the saturation, increase contrast, and maybe decrease the Gaussian blur. But I'm worried we'd be left with a picture of your room-mate in the shower, and his plumber's crack was enough of his nudity for me.
The "20 hours away from a B.S. in Psychology" guy in me wants to know about your repeated half-face shots. Not feeling whole? (the guy with the useless BS in Math has been keeping statistics). I know... your lobster [dramatic pause] completes you.
Happy SPT! Is that the Tybee Island lighthouse? ;)
The cropping of the face I think creates a more interesting composition... its not just a face and a background, showing "pieces" of myself rather. Every image is symbolic in it own interpretation depending on how you want to see it. Yes, that is the Tybee lighthouse.
I'll be getting on on the SPT action pretty soon too, but unfortunately it'll just be a little camera phone. My good camera is a 35mm and I don't always get it developed as fast as I'd like. :)
The Weakerthans refer to "The tyranny of framing our attention" in one of their songs. A bit too dramatic to describe photography, perhaps, but you know how Canadians can be.
Neat photos. I guess I left that out of my last comment.
4 Comments:
A couple of things...
The Photoshopper in me sez you could get rid of that fog if you bump up the saturation, increase contrast, and maybe decrease the Gaussian blur. But I'm worried we'd be left with a picture of your room-mate in the shower, and his plumber's crack was enough of his nudity for me.
The "20 hours away from a B.S. in Psychology" guy in me wants to know about your repeated half-face shots. Not feeling whole? (the guy with the useless BS in Math has been keeping statistics). I know... your lobster [dramatic pause] completes you.
Happy SPT! Is that the Tybee Island lighthouse? ;)
The cropping of the face I think creates a more interesting composition... its not just a face and a background, showing "pieces" of myself rather. Every image is symbolic in it own interpretation depending on how you want to see it. Yes, that is the Tybee lighthouse.
I'll be getting on on the SPT action pretty soon too, but unfortunately it'll just be a little camera phone. My good camera is a 35mm and I don't always get it developed as fast as I'd like. :)
The Weakerthans refer to "The tyranny of framing our attention" in one of their songs. A bit too dramatic to describe photography, perhaps, but you know how Canadians can be.
Neat photos. I guess I left that out of my last comment.
Post a Comment
<< Home