Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Self Portrait tuesdays.

I have decided that I am going to get more involved. I am going to participate in a weekly activity called "Self Portrait Tuesdays". Every tuesday I will post a self portrait and write a small description on why I chose that photograph. It will keep things interactive, at least for me.


Todays photo is pretty off the cuff. I have indeed been a slave to my Western Art History book. Since 1pm this afternoon I have done nothing but read and momorize images from the Cave paintings of Lascaux to the Egyptian Temple of Rameses II. I covered 15,000 years in the course of one day and 40 pages of an over priced paperback book. Kinda gives you a different perspective of how you spend your days.... one day they will all be forgotten in some history book that your great great great great grandchildren will have to spend $97 dollars to read and outline for the sake of a 15 minute test.

as requested: image from background..... know who it is?

10 Comments:

Blogger ian006 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger ian006 said...

Well, I guess Maurey will have to take a hike. I'm spending "Tuesdays with Panther".

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Self portrait Tuesdays, and might I suggest HNT also? I mean, there you are, and there's your camera.

HNT

Now...to avoid the jealous boyfriend and those pesky restraining orders. Man, this stalker business is hard work.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:25:00 AM  
Blogger ian006 said...

"...And at 2 minutes, 13 seconds in the third round, the challenger Ian 'little-fella' Austin is knocked out by John 'I-have-too-much-free-time-to-be-getting-paid-this-well' Programmer!!! Ladies and gentlemen, this is an upset..."

::gasp:: I'm speechless John.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Not at all! Your "Tuesdays with Morrie" reference rocked! I laugh, I cried. It was the "feel good" post of the year. ;-)

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:16:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Oh, and people with inquiring minds want to know. Who's that in the poster over your shoulder. Tres Hedwig-esque.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger pinkpanther said...

gentlemen gentlemen.... now play nice on this here blog. I wish that I had a Hedwig poster on my wall.... can you guess who it is? I think I may do HNT, non sexual of course. I mean here I am and here's my camera... my ankles are ready for their close-up.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Christina Aguilera? Chi Chi Rivera.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

John Leguzamo as Chi Chi Rivera in "To Wong Fu: Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar" (Actual spelling may vary)

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 2:21:00 PM  
Blogger pinkpanther said...

it is one of the many faces of Christina Aguilera.... I love "To Wong Fu: Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar"... great movie

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Create yours at BlingyBlob.com!

Create yours at BlingyBlob.com!