Friday, October 14, 2005

ode to DC


dawson_joey3
Originally uploaded by heidi703.

so I know we all have our own Tv/Tivo addictions and this is a tribute to mine:



(Dawson talking about Joey)
DAWSON: She's great. I mean, she's -- she's smart, she's beautiful, she's funny, she's -- she's a big old scaredy cat. If -- if you creep up from behind her, she'll jump out of her skin. It's -- it's pretty amusing. Umm -- she's honest. She just calls 'em just like she sees 'em. Can always count on getting the truth from Joey, even if the truth hurts. She's stubborn. We fight a lot. She could be so frustrating sometimes. It's -- but she's a really, really good friend. I mean, loyal to a fault. She's -- she believes in me. And I'm a dreamer, so I mean, it's so good to have somebody like that in my life. God, if she goes away, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I mean, she's -- she's my best friend, you know? She's -- she's more than that. She... she's everything.

6 Comments:

Blogger ian006 said...

Goddamn Dawson Leary is stealing my material again. Bastard.

Friday, October 14, 2005 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

**sniff** And now our little Joey is having the Dianetics Devil's spawn. I think it's time for Pacey and Deputy Doug to intervene.

And with apologies to Kenny Loggins...

Joey Potter and I walked along,
Under branches lit up by the moon.
Posing our questions to Jack and to Pacey,
As our days disappeared all too soon.
But I’ve wandered much further today , all this week
And I can’t seem to find my way back to the Creek.

Back to the days of Dawson and "Joe"

Friday, October 14, 2005 2:13:00 PM  
Blogger ian006 said...

I am currently prohibited from viewing Dawsons Creek due to a lengthy copyright lawsuit. It seems the writers have plagarized much of my intellectual property and reparations are to be made. Happy viewing to the rest of you though.

Friday, October 14, 2005 3:53:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

I know it's "late", but here is the DC moment that got me hooked. (Great writing, Ian006!)

Dawson: In some alternate universe, we must have been married, like, 50 years.
Joey: Yeah, and I'm sure it was a wonderful wedding.
Dawson: Oh, the best.
Joey: We each brought dates, I assume.
Dawson: Yeah. Jen was by my side throughout.
Joey: And at the end of the evening the inevitable question, who to take home the date or the wife?
Dawson: Mmm..a dilema.
Joey: Fascinating. Faced with the choice you stood, surveying your options, your eyes drifted slowly from her, to me, back to her.
Dawson: And back to you.
Joey: Yeah, but I was off having a drink with the rich guy at the bar.
Dawson: Till moneybags got fresh and you needed somebody to bail you out.
Joey: I don't remember that part.
Dawson: Oh, I do. Clear as day, absolutely. You were definitely in need of a rescue.
Joey: Were you man enough? Did you set aside your clear-headed analysis of the situation and act? Did we, uh, did we save each other that night Dawson?
Dawson: You know, it gets a little hazy at this point I really can't remember. Couldn't tell you.
Joey: When it comes back to you, I'd certainly be serious to hear how it all ended.
Dawson: You'll be my first call.
Joey: Well, goodnight Dawson. All this subtext is making me tired. Dawson?
Dawson: Yeah?
Joey: No matter how the wedding turned out, I'm pretty sure I had a wonderful time up until the end.
Dawson: *quietly* Me too.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 1:00:00 PM  
Blogger pinkpanther said...

well John it comforts me to think that brilliant writing such as this could bring us together.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 4:05:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

I guess you saw my "And Another Thing" post.. I am Dawson

Fodder for another blog, but strange, dare I saw marvelous, how this network of bloggers comes together.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Create yours at BlingyBlob.com!

Create yours at BlingyBlob.com!